Welcome to my Blog

Hey Everyone! So with this Blog I want to do a few things; keep you up-to-date on the going on's of GoodNews Church's Worship team and other church related events, post message notes, general thoughts and God inspired thoughts and anything else that effects my life. Please feel free to read and comment at your will. Lk

myspace.com/luke.taylor
facebook.com/luke.a.taylor


Monday, July 19, 2010

Just one question...

What would a Church look like whose people had never been to a 'church service' before?


Our mission is to get people saved, right?
To Introduce them to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ and become His Bride;
The Church.

And if were doing this right then Church growth will predominately be from new salvation's; people who have never heard the gospel before, who have never been apart of the Family of God and possibly never attended a church service.

So I wonder how they, New Christians, would structure a service or time together?
What terminology, translation of the bible and hymns would they use?
I wonder what things they would consider important that we skim over?
or things that we highlight which really have no eternal value or significance?
Would there be a band, seats, hall or structure?

Because I'm still trying to work this out for myself, being apart of the Church since before I was born, I can't offer any definite answers except that...

I know the Church should ALWAYS be Relevant; meeting the needs of her community, speaking the local language, understanding the culture and loving.
Yes, lots of LOVE.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Luke, one of those God moments that led me to your blog. We have a follower in common who i was trying to identify (no_bone_unturned ? funny name???) and your blog was the other blog they were following...would have left it at that,except your post "just one question" made me sit up and take notice...these are questions I've been asking myself as a shiny new christian...ok...i said to myself "whats going on here?" so thought i'd touch base and see if you know who that follower is.....oh- kay....this all seems a little odd now...ok bye..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Linda,
    Thanks for your comment, I've been looking for this follower who is following both of us and have been unsuccessful, hope you've had more success.
    Either way I'm glad you read my blog and were interested, I recently brought this message forward at my Church and have spent more time developing the thought, so when I have time I will have to blog my sermon notes!
    Lk

    ReplyDelete