Welcome to my Blog

Hey Everyone! So with this Blog I want to do a few things; keep you up-to-date on the going on's of GoodNews Church's Worship team and other church related events, post message notes, general thoughts and God inspired thoughts and anything else that effects my life. Please feel free to read and comment at your will. Lk

myspace.com/luke.taylor
facebook.com/luke.a.taylor


Saturday, May 23, 2009

For the Sake of His House

I pondered for awhile as to whether to post this blog now or wait... I went with now.

Psalm 122:9
"For the sake of the House of the Lord Our God, I will seek Your Prosperity"

Not for our own gain, not for our own pleasure or comfort and not for our own desires...
BUT

To see God's Church, His House, Established.

Instead of Praying prayers like this: God please give me a new car, I'd really like one or give me lots of money so I can be rich.
Which, if I'm honest I've definitely prayed before.
Let's pray prayers more like this: God give me a new car that will be perfect for picking up and dropping off people to and from church, please let it be good with fuel so I won't be constantly worrying about petrol.
(If you can't tell a new car is on my mind at the moment, but this relates to anything; a new house, a new job, a girlfriend or boyfriend etc.)

See, God blessing Us with a car or money isn't the issue, remember he owns the world. The issue is our motivation.
Are we motivated to grow and firmly establish the Kingdom of God in our Local Community?
Is it for the sake of His House?
I'm pretty sure we'd be receiving a whole lot more blessings if our desires not only matched Gods but our motivations were for God also.

I'm trying to set this habit in my life at the moment and I'll be sure to keep you posted with any blessings I receive that advance the Kingdom of God.

Lk

No comments:

Post a Comment