Welcome to my Blog

Hey Everyone! So with this Blog I want to do a few things; keep you up-to-date on the going on's of GoodNews Church's Worship team and other church related events, post message notes, general thoughts and God inspired thoughts and anything else that effects my life. Please feel free to read and comment at your will. Lk

myspace.com/luke.taylor
facebook.com/luke.a.taylor


Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Just Grow Up

Hmm, so recently I was in a situation where someone much older than me acted in a very childish manner.
It was a moment where I felt self appointed to tell them to 'Grow Up!'
Of course I didn't out of respect, as I felt it was not my place to say so.
BUT I did however get challenged by the whole thing.

Every time I feel those words wanting to come out my mouth because of the childish or immature nature of someone else, it's actually a moment for me to 'Grow Up!'

The adult in this case was slightly out of line and when they had finished their spiel my mind ran rampant with ways I wished I could 'show them my side of the story' or 'teach them a lesson.'
I took a small moment to look at my response and saw some pretty immature, childish behaviour.
The very behaviour I had just been unimpressed by.
So instead of telling them all these wonderful things I had invented in my mind, I simply told myself to 'Just Grow Up.'
I had the chance to be the grown up in the situation.

It's funny because so many 'older people' in my life often tell me they don't feel old, they still feel like they were when they were a teenager.
I suppose that one day I too will be old, but still feeling like a teenager, and I guess like me, we all will continue to carry around with us those slight teenager/childish ways and will always need the reminder to 'Grow Up.'

I hope that my 'Grow Up' moments reduce with age and maturity, but still, I will use every moment of frustration, aggravation, outrage, anger and hurt inflicted by someone else as a chance for me to 'Just Grow Up.'

No comments:

Post a Comment