Welcome to my Blog

Hey Everyone! So with this Blog I want to do a few things; keep you up-to-date on the going on's of GoodNews Church's Worship team and other church related events, post message notes, general thoughts and God inspired thoughts and anything else that effects my life. Please feel free to read and comment at your will. Lk

myspace.com/luke.taylor
facebook.com/luke.a.taylor


Thursday, April 23, 2009

Follow the Leader

So I just can't tell you enough that the old testament is an amazing part of the Bible.

Last week I shared out of Joshua 6 with the Worship Team.
It's the story of the 'Fall of Jericho'.
I'll let you read it in your own time (start in verse 15 of chapter 5)
Basically said I love the sequence of this story and how appropriate it is when applying it to Worship Leading.
1. God Speaks to Joshua (the Leader). He tells him the how, what and when. All the details for the ultimate success of Israel.
2. Joshua Passes on the message to the Israelites and directs them in the appropriate manner they should go.
3. The Israelites follow closely to the pre-arranged plan, not deviating according to there own desires or feelings.
4. The Israelites Win, Walls Crumble, God is proven once again to be the true and only way and the devil loses.

Joshua6:20-1
"When the trumpets sounded, the people shouted, and at the sound of the trumpet, when the people gave a loud shout, the wall collapsed; so every man charged straight in, and they took the city. They devoted the city to the LORD and destroyed with the sword every living thing in it—men and women, young and old, cattle, sheep and donkeys."

I love it.
So my challenge to the team was and is.
Follow the leader.
Trust that God has spoken and given guidance to whoever may be your leader, whether it's in Worship, Pastoral situations or work places.
I Believe that, yes, there are times when the leader gets it wrong or misses the mark and I've certainly been there myself! Ha.
But if you remain faithful and committed, God will reward your Faithfulness and who knows He'll probably turn an awkward situation around to bring Himself Glory anyway.

So.

Follow the Leader.

Lk.

No comments:

Post a Comment